Ok, I have a microsoft office class at school and had to make a power point. Long story short, I want to add it to my webpage so that it will automaticly play within the site when the link is clicked on. How do I go about doing this?
thanks

Recommended Answers

All 13 Replies

Don't assume that everyone who visits your site will have PowerPoint (or the viewer) installed on their system. You might want to convert it to a Flash video, or take screenshots of each slide and do it that way. Of course, you can post the entire presentation to your site and include a link labeled something like, "to download the PowerPoint presentation, click here."

If a person visiting your site does have PowerPoint installed, when they follow the link to it from the page, it should automagically load in their browser.

You can do this technique by simply linking to the particular Powerpoint file and if iam right 90% of the users are following Windows OS mode, which gives you a PPT. Even big global corporates are following this pattern, even though they are of global touch

You can do this technique by simply linking to the particular Powerpoint file and if iam right 90% of the users are following Windows OS mode, which gives you a PPT.

Umm... isn't that what I just said?

If a person visiting your site does have PowerPoint installed, when they follow the link to it from the page, it should automagically load in their browser.

You can create flash video from your presentation.
At first convert presentation to video *.avi. Can use Presentation to Video Converter (It's here)
And than convert that *.avi into *.swf with any appropriate program.

Ooo! Thank you, Sollas for the link! This program so useful fo me :D

I got 2 solutions for you so far. (:-| of course If i`m not too late, or for somebody who still doesnt know how to solve it)

First one is a program, which will convert your presentation to video or flash. I have converted many PowerPoint presentations, so I found an application that combines all the features I want into a package that's priced in a budget that makes sense for most projects. The Presentation_to_Video_Converterapp does the best job I've seen for a fairly pricey $199.(There are many different discounts also). One advantage to this app is the ability to convert PPT slideshows with or without PowerPoint installed on the converting PC.
And also there is feature to burn PowerPoint presentation to DVD, which is fery useful now for everyone.

And The second one.
Soon will starts a brand new service of online converting with following webcasting ar www.vidflash.com I thought its the exactly what was asked. So you upload your presentation, convert it to flash (or not convert) and share. I have tried to convert my video. I have uploaded it and convert, but I could not yet download the converted file because the service isnt working in a full-mode. There was said that it will starts soon. Everything is aviable only for reistered users. The registration now is free. So you better hurry up.

So that`s what I know.

Simple solution, why not just choose File --> save as Webpage within PowerPoint and link to the file it creates? Just make sure you upload the folder and htm and it should work. Granted it will not have all of PowerPoint's functionality, but it is fast, easy and no conversion necessary.

Presentation_to_Video_Converter

i use geovid presentation to video converter too.
good soft. simle, nice and featured.
convert powerpoint files to avi and put avi files to a webpage and no problems.

by the way presentation to video converter was renewed not long ago and now it can convert powerpoint even to flash (swf, flv) and animated gif - very useful options nowadays when most sites begin to use flash!

Pls go thro this link and have a look, You will surely find all your needy information.
And exp interfacing the powerpoint into Frontpage.
Click Here

by the way presentation to video converter was renewed not long ago and now it can convert powerpoint even to flash (swf, flv) and animated gif - very useful options nowadays when most sites begin to use flash!

yes, good prog, I also use it...
it converts very quickly & without quality loss... I like it.

yeah!! Presentation To Video Converter is perfect. Tried not so long time ago, it converts without any problem...

Btw, Presentation To Video Converter has trial without time limit...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.