After a million computer problems and numerous recoveries, I think most is back to normal. I've used PSP7 for over a year and suddenly after using the recovery disc from Dell, PSP 7 won't show any jpeg pictures---even ones made in the program. It's listed in the program as an extension to use and in the "Folder Options" in the "My Computer", it's listed as a PSP7 extension. Does anyone have an idea? :sad: I really don't know any thing about the computer, just how to use it for PSP and emails. I never had this problem before.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Hi there :)

Try this, right-click on any jpeg image on your harddisk and choose "Open With..." or if there's already a list there click on "Open With" then from the bottom of the list click on "Choose Program..."

Either way, you'll be presented with a list of programs. From that list find "Paint Shop Pro 7" or "PSP7" then click on it and make sure you tick the checkbox labled "Always use the selected program to open this kind of file" finally click OK.

PSP7 should now open with the image you right-clicked on at the begining. This would be a good sign. Close it and try to double click any other jpeg image and see if it now will open with PSP7. Hopefully it will.

I hope that solves your problem :)

Ciao for now.

Hi there :)

Try this, right-click on any jpeg image on your harddisk and choose "Open With..." or if there's already a list there click on "Open With" then from the bottom of the list click on "Choose Program..."

Either way, you'll be presented with a list of programs. From that list find "Paint Shop Pro 7" or "PSP7" then click on it and make sure you tick the checkbox labled "Always use the selected program to open this kind of file" finally click OK.

PSP7 should now open with the image you right-clicked on at the begining. This would be a good sign. Close it and try to double click any other jpeg image and see if it now will open with PSP7. Hopefully it will.

I hope that solves your problem :)

Ciao for now.

I have tried everything and tried opening jpg's with every program and nothing will open them. I tried removing them from file associations with PSP 7, restarted it and no program will open them. I tried putting the sig tag in my pictures and that won't open them. I tried saving them as .art and .bmp and nothing will open them. They always did before my crash. Jasc, Dell and Microsoft are NO help. HELP!!!!!

I have tried everything and tried opening jpg's with every program and nothing will open them. I tried removing them from file associations with PSP 7, restarted it and no program will open them. I tried putting the sig tag in my pictures and that won't open them. I tried saving them as .art and .bmp and nothing will open them. They always did before my crash. Jasc, Dell and Microsoft are NO help. HELP!!!!!

If you want to send me one of the files as an attachment through email - I can try to open it for you, and see if I can tell what's going wrong, if anything.

shannon@secondplatform.com

Something else you might try,

Assummng you are using Windows NT, got to Start>Control Panel. If you are using XP, you may want to click on the side bar 'Switch ot Classic View'. Next, open 'Folder Options' in the control panel. From there, click on the 'File Types' tab. It may take a few seconds for eveything to come up. Now, type in the JPEG file extension. Typically this will be JPG, JPEG, JPE. When it comes up, you should be able to see what programs open those files.

If that dosen't work, try opening PSP and changing the file type associations to all JPG files. If that dosen't work, then the problem is probably that it is bundled software that came with your Dell.

Have you tried reinstalling PSP?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.