Hi all,

I'm trying to make a 'contact us' page for a website and want a form that allows the user to input their name, email address, and comment then send it to my hotmail account using a submit button. I've tried various things but it doesn't appear to be working. I've visited other forums and the general consensous is that it can be done fairly simply without the use of php etc, but I've yet to find anything that works. I'm reasonably new to programming so the simpler the better at the moment

Thank you in advance

Kate

form mail requires some processing on the server
the form target can be a php file
a perl script
python script
asp script
or other cgi script
the html <a href="mailto:YourName@YourSite.com? cc=someone@YourSite.com&bcc=someoneElse@YourSite.com &subject=some%20subject&body=some%20default%20text"> link works if the browser and mail program are configured to do so, the mail addresses are exposed to spambots
for simple purposes the mailto link should be sufficient if you obfuscate your email addresses

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.