Help! I created a 72 ppi layout for an image I needed to save for flash. I took the original 300 ppi images (from another file) and shrunk them in the 72 ppi window then saved the entire image for web. Then I imported the saved for web image into flash. I made sure I used maximum quality when saving for web but it loooks blurry online. I cannot figure out how to fix it. It's been a while since I used flash so I would appreciate any help. Could it be the settings in my save for web in photoshop or settings in flash?

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

it depends on how big you want your file size to be, but firstly you can save it perhaps in better quality, like a normal gif/jpg and then import. when you do import, also make sure that your settings are at lossless.

Try to optimize file size after you've imported into Flash. I see that you "shrunk" your ppi before importing into Flash. My experience for example has been that even though a 72 dpi loads faster than 300 dpi, the difference in time for most 2009 internet users will be minimal so why bother with less quality.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.