Hi,
My computer's resolution is 1280x768 but I want to make sites for computers having 1024x768. I cannot change my display resolution as I am having a wide screen laptop and If I force the os then everything thing looks stretched.

I would like to know if there is a tool or some logic I can use to make sites for the said resolution I hate to keep on zooming in firefox for all the sites I make and even surf.

Cheers,
Vishal Khialani

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

Vishal,
Do you use the Web Developer Toolbar addon for firefox? it has a nice "resize" option to preview smaller screen sizes

Vishal,
Do you use the Web Developer Toolbar addon for firefox? it has a nice "resize" option to preview smaller screen sizes

Hi,
I know off it but never really used it.

For example this site ( daniweb.com ) is made for the 1024x768 resolution screen so when I surf and develop for a site like this I can't read the text very easily and I need to keep on zooming and everything has a pixel effect to it. Hence I can't really judge wether the site is having a good user experience or not.

I am searching for a tool which will help me share the same user experience of a person who will be surfing on a 1024 screen on my display if that's at all possible.

Cheers,
Vishal Khialani

what kind of graphics card do you have?

do not full screen the layout software
drag the edges of the window to a 1024*762 size
design in the window

or better ::
Use current W3C recommended best practice:
design the screen layout in ems and % and it will not matter what screen resolution or browser window size
it will lok the same in everything from blackberry to 8 foot projection monitor

do not full screen the layout software
drag the edges of the window to a 1024*762 size
design in the window

or better ::
Use current W3C recommended best practice:
design the screen layout in ems and % and it will not matter what screen resolution or browser window size
it will lok the same in everything from blackberry to 8 foot projection monitor

Yes , this is wht I was looking for a simple and easy to implement solution thanks

i have the newest browser and i found something today that might help. Click tools, the Developer Tools then tools and resize.... I hope that works.

i have the newest browser and i found something today that might help. Click tools, the Developer Tools then tools and resize.... I hope that works.

Hi,
Which browser are you using ? and are you speaking of the extension for firefox called web developer.

Cheers,
Vishal

Explorer 8 in the Menu bar, Click tools, the Developer Tools then tools and resize.... I hope that works.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.