OK, I've got dreamweaver and fireworks and will probably get flash
later. I use photoshop and illustrator and I need to import stuff from photoshop into dreamweaver. Do I have the right software? What will make the photographs of my work look best on my web site.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

You have a html editor and all the graphics programs you need.
Basically any hammer will do the same job in building a fence provided the builder knows what he's doing, and that's why any html editor in the right hands will do the job perfectly. It's down to you to make it work.

Displaying your photos is a trade-off. You have to balance the download time for the user, the amount of bandwidth you have available, with the image quality you want.

You have a html editor and all the graphics programs you need.
Basically any hammer will do the same job in building a fence provided the builder knows what he's doing, and that's why any html editor in the right hands will do the job perfectly. It's down to you to make it work.

Displaying your photos is a trade-off. You have to balance the download time for the user, the amount of bandwidth you have available, with the image quality you want.

Thanks for the help DaveSW.

dreamweaver photoshop is more than enough
instead of flash you can try swishmax
it is much easier to work on that flash.
if you know flash well enough then go ahead with flash since flash mx 2004 professional is in a league of its own
but if you are new at flash then try a hand at swishmax

Precomend something called XAT....It's one of my little secrets, (erm..was!) for img reduction. Works wonders and gives strong control.

swish max is ok but flash is better because of the professional way it handles things. Anyways I'm in the same problem you have but I just am trying to get my layout to look extremely nice along with the pictures its a pain isn't it?

Today in the internet business world web design is the most crucial part of business. As per the web design concern i am preferred with Dreamweaver because it is best software where you can easily create the dynamic web pages. This is best for you because it is an open source software so you can easily use it on other platform.

For a website design purpose Photoshop & Dreamweaver best softwares.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.