Member Avatar for rajarajan2017

I have already created a video player in AS3.0. The Client wants to convert it to a component. I need some good to follow tutorials on creating own components. I had know the concepts of creating components and utilizing that as a SWC. I need to create the component with the interface already designed at flash authoring time and have to give the provision to change the button styles which has to be edit by the client itself.

Experts! please come forward and help me!

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

I have already created a video player in AS3.0. The Client wants to convert it to a component. I need some good to follow tutorials on creating own components. I had know the concepts of creating components and utilizing that as a SWC. I need to create the component with the interface already designed at flash authoring time and have to give the provision to change the button styles which has to be edit by the client itself.

Experts! please come forward and help me!

Hmm, I used to work with flash components from time to time at my previous job, (both creating and customising components) but those were all AS1 and AS2 components. And although I work pretty much exclusively with AS3 nowadays when tinkering with flash at home, I haven't done anything with components in a really long time (over 2 years) and it was never in AS3!

If I get a chance I'll try to take a look at what differences there are between creating components in AS2 and AS3 and I'll try to get back to you. Actually, it's been so long, I'm probably gonna have to get up to speed with component creation from scratch.

Heh heh, but who knows; it might even be the perferct excuse for me to meet up with some of my former colleagues for a beer or three!

In the meantime, this looks like a good tutorial to take a look at for starters..
http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flash/articles/creating_as3_components.html

If I get a chance, I might even have a go at running through it this evening to get myself back up to speed with component creation!
Cheers for now,
Jas.

Member Avatar for rajarajan2017

Yes Jason, I am going thru that tutorial already, and its tough for me to follow. thanks

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.