Hi everyone,

I'm looking to start prodding around into the world of web development, and I have some minor experience, but I'm not sure what the preferred tools of choice are. I can make basic sites using Microsoft Expression Web Developer, as well as Visual Studio's accommodated ASP.NET. I've found that it's hard to create visually appealing objects using ASP.NET because it's more intended to create web applications and logic in my opinnion. I'm looking to start making visually stunning sites that gives users an optimum experience. So my question is, what are the recommended tools for utilizing what I want?

Regards-

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Have you looked into JavaScript any? You can create some interesting results with the scripts and give a more interactive experience on the page. You can also look into Silverlight by Microsoft. There are a variety of tutorials for this. Hope this helps!

Hi everyone,

I'm looking to start prodding around into the world of web development, and I have some minor experience, but I'm not sure what the preferred tools of choice are. I can make basic sites using Microsoft Expression Web Developer, as well as Visual Studio's accommodated ASP.NET. I've found that it's hard to create visually appealing objects using ASP.NET because it's more intended to create web applications and logic in my opinnion. I'm looking to start making visually stunning sites that gives users an optimum experience. So my question is, what are the recommended tools for utilizing what I want?

Regards-

the technologies that allow fantastic effects have a very large trade off in load time, no-one sees the effects becuase they click away
Javascript as noted by Caffeine above is an exception, what you can do is limited only by what you try to do, and its relatively small being native to most browsers
if you google for 'download javascript' or such you can find some good ideas
one such repository is at http://javascript.internet.com

Member Avatar for rajarajan2017

Design your ideas in the PHOTOSHOP tool.

Slice the parts and give the visual appearnce by html conversion using DREAMWEAVER Tool. Almost dreamweaver is ultilized for all the purpose like (xml, html, asp.net, javascript etc)

Give the functionality using the JavaScript and Jquery tool to display stunning effects like (gallery, slideshow, scrolling content etc with fading effects)

Make the site database oriented that you have the stuff in asp.net.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.