Good Afternoon All,

I have a template that I'm working on with the same flash header on each page. The header contains the drop down menu to go to the other HTML pages in which the header is placed. I noticed this as one of the parameter lines

<param name="movie" value="../../../client%20websites/Kingdom%20Coaltion%20International/KCIF%20phase%202/MTech/cugb/header_v8.swf?button=2" />

Can someone explain what I have put in green please? With all the Flash I have seen and worked with this is my first for this.

Thanks for your time and assistance.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Good Afternoon All,

I have a template that I'm working on with the same flash header on each page. The header contains the drop down menu to go to the other HTML pages in which the header is placed. I noticed this as one of the parameter lines

<param name="movie" value="../../../client%20websites/Kingdom%20Coaltion%20International/KCIF%20phase%202/MTech/cugb/header_v8.swf?button=2" />

Can someone explain what I have put in green please? With all the Flash I have seen and worked with this is my first for this.

Thanks for your time and assistance.

To put it very simply, the code you've highlighted in green is the name of the .swf and a parameter that is passed into the .swf.

Something in the actionscript inside the .swf will then use the passed-in value to initialise a variable in the script.

There are several ways of passing parameters to a .swf and this is one of them!

Cheers for now,
Jas.

To put it very simply, the code you've highlighted in green is the name of the .swf and a parameter that is passed into the .swf.

Something in the actionscript inside the .swf will then use the passed-in value to initialise a variable in the script.

There are several ways of passing parameters to a .swf and this is one of them!

Cheers for now,
Jas.

Thanks. That would be my problem then. I have never had to pass a parameter into a .swf before. Now that I know what it is called and the reason for it it is time to expand my skill set. thanks again.

Member Avatar for rajarajan2017

Please go thru your code on timeline or script and find the "button" string, then you will come to know why they were utilizing that in your source. If you really don't need. Just remove from the html from the "?" mark and remove the code inside the source. I think it should be like

root.parameters.....
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.