can you tell me according to "you web hosting pad" is good web hosting service provider as the price and package they are offering is quite good.
if this is not good is there any thing similar to it which you have used ?

Recommended Answers

All 14 Replies

Not sure I understand this message, but I own two web hosting companies, so I can tell you some things to look for -

PRICE - this is of course important, but do realize that those who offer really good software support (needed for cms programs, databases and PHP coding, etc.) have to pay for the software and they have to pass that on to their customers. Expect to pay between $5 and $10 per month for hosting, depending on the software and service support you need.

SERVICE - is another area where those charging a little more can afford to offer more. Big hosting companies generally have a pat answer for each problem that is on the service rep's chart. If your problem doesn't fall into one of those categories, you may fall through the cracks. Small companies often can't offer 24/7 support, and some don't have the expertise to answer many questions, or even offer proper service, but there are some small hosting companies with great service and support.

NEEDS - What are your needs? Are you running server side code? If so, is it ASP, PHP, CGI, CF??? Do you use Frontpage? If so, you'll need hosting that specifically supports that.

TEST - Try asking a question or two before signing up. The hosting company that can't give you good, prompt responses before signing you up, isn't likely to do better once your money is in their pocket.

Just go for the hostgator.com or ixwebhosting.com.may be you will find it good.accoirding to me its ok.

Regards,
Raicol

i have been using host papa for 3 years, sometimes (1 time per month)few hours problems with mysql but after that is ok...are u having some problems with your hosts too?

Member Avatar for diafol

Spend plenty of time researching - there are loads of resellers out there - small outfits - even one-man bands - that offer unbelievable value hosting. Unfortunately, some of them don't know their whatsists from a hole in the ground. They don't offer the support they promise.

I use bluehost - its a big fee up front but its been a GREAT service with GREAT support.

In my opinion webhostings.pk is the best web hosting, I recomment this one.

I have a good one is UnlimitedGB Reseller Level 2

Hello All
We are Using Lunarpages.its a big fee up front but its been a GREAT service with GREAT support. lets try it..
Thanks

This is a fact that availability of enormous hosts we are confused in picking a good host. But before choosing a host we should firstly understand ours requirement. This is because on the name of free hosting few of the hosting companies provide you partial control panel where you can't manage all the things.You can also find some best Host on Domain Registration

I recommend http://www.powweb.com
I have several sites over there and tech support is actually fairly decent. (Keeping in mind that I never have 'normal' problems and I do run PHP, SSI, Perl and Secure Server stuff.)

One warning - when signing up their default appears to be the quarterly plan which charges a $30 setup fee. If you can afford it up front, go for the yearly plan or one of their periodic specials which may include a domain as well but no setup fee. Just make sure before you hit the submit button that it hasn't defaulted to the quarterly plan. (Thus speaks the voice of experience.)

Tell them momkat sent you.

Deb

you can search many site on internet but Before selecting any SEO Hosting package just check what all services they are providing to you such as SEO experts available to talk shop and discuss SEO strategies, analyze your setup, keywords, etc and provide high level SEO recommendations for free.

Not sure I understand this message, but I own two web hosting companies, so I can tell you some things to look for -

PRICE - this is of course important, but do realize that those who offer really good software support (needed for cms programs, databases and PHP coding, etc.) have to pay for the software and they have to pass that on to their customers. Expect to pay between $5 and $10 per month for hosting, depending on the software and service support you need.

SERVICE - is another area where those charging a little more can afford to offer more. Big hosting companies generally have a pat answer for each problem that is on the service rep's chart. If your problem doesn't fall into one of those categories, you may fall through the cracks. Small companies often can't offer 24/7 support, and some don't have the expertise to answer many questions, or even offer proper service, but there are some small hosting companies with great service and support.

NEEDS - What are your needs? Are you running server side code? If so, is it ASP, PHP, CGI, CF??? Do you use Frontpage? If so, you'll need hosting that specifically supports that.

TEST - Try asking a question or two before signing up. The hosting company that can't give you good, prompt responses before signing you up, isn't likely to do better once your money is in their pocket.

I completely agree with your points here. Asking questions is the key to finding the right hosting company. Being a reseller myself though just for a short while as I honestly have to let it go due to insufficient funding, I have done so many researches and have asked all the possible questions that could come up before I even started and those companies that can't deliver a decent answer have to be crossed out.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.