hi all,

Im a little stuck.

I want to place a div inside of a main div to hold a register script.

this code has a video to the left and an image to the right, but i want to add a div inside to also display a form on the right

<div class="auctionsHomeIntro" align="left">
  <h1 align="right"></h1>

<dl>
    &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;  &nbsp;
    <object classid="clsid:02BF25D5-8C17-4B23-BC80-D3488ABDDC6B"
codebase="http://www.apple.com/qtactivex/qtplugin.cab" width="320" height="250" >
      <param name="src" value="vid.mp4" />
      <param name="autoplay" value="true" />
      <embed src="vid.mp4" type="image/x-macpaint"
pluginspage="http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download" width="320" height="250" autoplay="true"></embed>
    </object> &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;
  </dl> 
</div>

here is the css

.auctionsHomeIntro {float: left; display: inline; width: 916px; height: 315px; background: url(images/home_auctions_intro_bg.jpg) bottom right no-repeat #e3eaf0; margin: 30px 0 60px 0;}
	.auctionsHomeIntro h1 { margin: 30px 0 10px 0; text-indent: -9000px; line-height: 1em; background: url(images/home_sub_your_dream_house.gif) top left no-repeat; width: 700px; height: 40px;}
	.auctionsHomeIntro p {width: 350px; font-size: 14px; line-height: 1.5em; color: #333333; margin: 1em 0 1em 20px;}

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

I'm not completely sure I understand what you're trying to achieve - could you please clarify what the issue is?

Hi,

auctionsHomeIntro currently has a video playing on the left and an image (home_sub_your_dream_house.gif). Where that item is i wish to have another div which contains a form.
At present when im adding a new div it appears only above or below, i want it inside and to the right.

Sounds like you need to play with positioning maybe. For example, you could add a <div> below the rest of your code (but still within auctionsHomeIntro), add a position: relative (and probably overflow: hidden) to auctionsHomeIntro, then add position: absolute to your new div, and position it bottom/right of the container.

At least, something to that effect.

if •scottloway solution wont work just ad float to the right for that new div

Hi all,

I managed to resolve this. Scott that you for your help, and Karol i have noted your response to try as well.

thanks for your help

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.