First of all hello to everyone, this is my first thread!!

Second, i face a problem with a website i am trying to create! I wanna use a font i downloaded by myself but noone gonna have it! So what should i inlude in my Css or Html code in order to download the font in their pcs and see my website with this font and not the deufault??

Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

First of all, you need to have the font in a directory on your server. Then all you have to do is add a style to your main stylesheet.

@font-face {font-family: FontName;src: url('location of font');}

Replacing FontName, obviously, with the name of the font, and the text between the apostrophes with the directory location of the font file on your server.

Then just change the font family of the text on the page to whatever the name of the font is in the above code. For example...

customFont p
{
font-family: FontName;
}

Let me know if you need more help.

Thanks!! It worked

Wait.. So, is this true, that you can have your text in ANY font you want?? So long that the Font Family is on your server?

It will work on anybodies computer???? This would be so helpful if it were true!!

Please let me know.
Thanks!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.