I've just created my first website using Dreamweaver MX 2004. It took me quite some time just to get somewhat familliar with all the programs (fireworks, Flash, etc...). I used Fireworks to create most of the site, but I'm not sure if this was a mistake. It seams that the text from the Fireworks images is kinda blury, please see www.thepiezoexchange.com

Is there a trick to making text in Fireworks look clean? Maybe a particular font?

Please help.

Barry

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Your text is blurry because it is in an image that was likely compressed to optimize for the web.

It is best not to use images in place of text. All of your content inside your white box should be text, not a giant image. This will instantly cure your blurry problem as well as keep file size down and make editing your site much easier.

Yes, you don't have to make image of everything. This simple shadow effects and many others can by simple achive with use of CSS and basic JavaScript.

Thanks. I'm taking your advice on creating the drop-shadow using CSS/filter in Dreamweaver, but I can't seem to get it to look right and neither of the two books I have on Dreameaver go in depth about how to use CSS extensions/filters. Anyway, if you know of any resources, please let me know. Thanks again.

Barry

Rus,

You are right. I went image-happy. I've changed the text to html/CSS and it looks way better. I'm still having troubles getting CSS to give me the effects that I had in the image (drop-shadow).

Thanks for your help.
Barry

I like the look, it's clean and easy on the eyes.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.