Hi..I am a newbie in JavaScript.I have two forms (in two different webpages) all with radio buttons. A user cannot select more than one option from each form. My plan is to pass the user input from both the forms to a perl script which would then query a MySQL db for the output and display it.
Now my question is, is it possible to pass the data from first form to second using GET/POST method in Radio form? Will it be possible to pass both data from first and second form into the Perl code?
My first form page named as index.html page and the second one is named as party_names.html.
The form code I used in the first index.html page is:

<form action="party_names.html" method=post name="Candidate_name" ENCTYPE= text/plain onsubmit="return form_validation(this)">

I have a JavaScript function to validate form data so that it can check whether a radio button is selected after clicking next button to go to next html form page. Please suggest.
Many thanks in advance..
P.S one of my firends told me that method=Post in both forms will serve the purpoe. It'll pass variables (from both forms) to a single Perl script. Do you agress?

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Put the data from the first form into a hidden field in the second form.

<input type="hidden" value="data from first form" name="first_data" />

I don't know a lot about Perl, but PHP can definitely do it, and this is not the right forum to ask this question in - Perl. Yes, your friend is correct.

Regards
Arkinder

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.