hy!
I am designing a website, i want to ask few questions: to design my website i am going to use Dreamweaver.
1. i want to add feature where newsletters get emailed to customers automatically every month.
2. also i want to add feature where users can search products on search bar and the search will only display things which is in stock else the search engine will print message saying "goods not found".

and yes i dont no much about mySQL, PHP, CSS and as a team project I have to know them so is their any good website that teach people in short time the fundamental of all these features. I also have to make database about people which has to be connected to Dreamweaver where users can create more than one account from same address but not create account using same usersname. For that we have to use database (1-2 many relationship, 1-1 relationship etc...) and i dont no how to design that type of database...So any recommendation or good resources will help a lot....

Thank you for reading and answering :)

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

if you have about $25 a month, then i recommend joining www.lynda.com

They have good video tutorials ranging from basics to advanced.

Are you using phpmyadmin and do you already have a web server set up on your computer? What company are you using to host your site?

MY recommendation is that you can refer the functions, database and others in php.net. It got a huge number of php API listed. Meanwhile, you can try out your CSS using w3school.

Member Avatar for stbuchok

Please, if this is a business site that is supposed to be professional, don't just learn something over the next few weeks and slap something together. If you don't know how to do it, hire a professional.

You are going to have huge gaping security holes all over the place. This is not stuff that you can learn how to do properly over a few weeks of watching videos. If you have any respect for your users, do it properly, put in the time it takes to learn this stuff properly (3 years of experience, minumum, probably more with CSS, database design, SQL, PHP, JavaScript), or hire someone.

Please, if this is a business site that is supposed to be professional, don't just learn something over the next few weeks and slap something together. If you don't know how to do it, hire a professional.

You are going to have huge gaping security holes all over the place. This is not stuff that you can learn how to do properly over a few weeks of watching videos. If you have any respect for your users, do it properly, put in the time it takes to learn this stuff properly (3 years of experience, minumum, probably more with CSS, database design, SQL, PHP, JavaScript), or hire someone.

AGREE:$

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.