I recently added a Twitter button to provide an easier method for our readers to follow us. At first, everything seemed to work perfectly fine and positioned finely. Yet, I've realised that the text on our pages are linked to the twitter link. This is totally unintentional and am unsure why. Our pages are: About and YOURthirdspace Team. Thanks in advance.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Thankyou so much, simplypixie! I can't believe I didn't even notice that! I studied the code for ages. I really appreciate it.

May I know how that could affect only the pages and not the posts or anything else?

I think (from memory of the problem) all content below the unclosed image tag (which then affected the closing a tag) would become a link until a new link (a tag) was declared and as you have links right at the top of your posts but not in your pages that is probable why (hope this makes sense).

By the way, I have been developing websites for over 10 years and I have often been staring and staring at code trying to find where the problem is and not been able to see something so simple, as in this case, until I asked for help. Sometimes you can look too much :-)

Thanks for the advice, simplypixie.

Wow, 10 years! My gosh, do you have a portfolio I can view? I am truly amazed :D
Sometimes, not even debuggers can help.

As I also work in design, friends sometimes ask for my advice on their work. I end up pointing all these things they didn't even notice - And the same happens to me! ^_^

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.