hi list

m a designer. i write tutorials for photoshop. and i mean tutorials in bulk. at times 5 tutorials a day. 30 days a month.i use dreamweaver to compile my tutorials in HTML format.

my problem is that i do write a lot of text repeatedly. many steps in photoshop are used multiple times. every other tutorial use that lines of text. is there any way in dreamweaver through which i can just have a panel open with a set of lines that i reuse. i just drag the lines to my html page and i dont have to type the same lines time and again.

having a text editor open and copy paste text is not much useful to me as i have to juggle between programmes and all the time doing Ctrl C and Ctrl V is painful.

is there any way in dreamweaver through which i can achieve this easily. or maybe any other programme.

remember m not wanting to reuse the code but actual text that i do type repeatedly.

thanks in advance for any help

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Member Avatar for iamthwee

hi list

m a designer. i write tutorials for photoshop. and i mean tutorials in bulk. at times 5 tutorials a day. 30 days a month.i use dreamweaver to compile my tutorials in HTML format.

my problem is that i do write a lot of text repeatedly. many steps in photoshop are used multiple times. every other tutorial use that lines of text. is there any way in dreamweaver through which i can just have a panel open with a set of lines that i reuse. i just drag the lines to my html page and i dont have to type the same lines time and again.

having a text editor open and copy paste text is not much useful to me as i have to juggle between programmes and all the time doing Ctrl C and Ctrl V is painful.

is there any way in dreamweaver through which i can achieve this easily. or maybe any other programme.

remember m not wanting to reuse the code but actual text that i do type repeatedly.

thanks in advance for any help

I dunno really, have you thought about using http://www.shortkeys.com/.

I use it to quickly code my GUI's in java.

I dunno really, have you thought about using http://www.shortkeys.com/.

I use it to quickly code my GUI's in java.

thanks for the reply. i tried snippets in dreamweaver and it worked perfectly. though shortkeys seems intresting. i'll download n give it a try too.

thanks a lot

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.