hi,
how to display a div on top off all the other content?
i tried style=" position:relative; left:0px; top:0px; z-index:100;" which didn't work, then when i used position:absolute; it worked but, it displays in a totaly in appropriate position because of position:absolute . how can i make this happen? when i use position:relative; all the other content under it jumps down...
much appreciate reply...

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

Using position:fixed may fix this... But it may not work in IE without declaring <!doctype html> ...

We cant guess at what you want. Can you provide a link to your site?

Are you wanting the div in question to be above the rest of the content or layered over the other divs?

Either position:fixed or position:absolute should do it. But having a declared doctype is a must.

Are you wanting the div in question to be above the rest of the content or layered over the other divs?

Either position:fixed or position:absolute should do it. But having a declared doctype is a must.

umm... i don't really know which one, but i want that div to be like a drop down sub menu item.. you know it display over other contents..

Okay, it sounds like you want it to be dynamic on top of everything else?

We really need a link to the site in question or see the css and the html so see what you're talking about.

position:fixed

is working but it wont fix my alignment issue .. :(
look at this site it explains about the kind of menu i'm working in...
yeah i do have a declared doctype.

ok guys thanks for all of your replies , i found a way to do it with position:absolute
and later adding left and top values through jquery. now it works thanks... :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.