Hello

Im looking for a good date picker and easy to implement. HTML, PHP, and/or Javascript.

Since this is professional, I need also several things:

1: Language support.
2: If I pick Feburary, it doesnt show a legal day as 31
3: 3 dropdown boxes: One for month, another for day and another for year
4: It needs to return a string such as 12-31-2012 which I can easy capture and send it via POST/GET. If can be configured even better
5: Lightweight; No external libraries

I perfer PHP, then HTML and last Javascript. God I hate Javascript.

Thank you

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

God I hate Javascript

Too bad... all of my users prefer the jQuery UI datepicker A LOT over three comboboxes. Consider your clients, not your preference. PHP only may be a little tricky. I am sure you'd want the days for February to adjust correctly without refreshing the page.

Too bad... all of my users prefer the jQuery UI datepicker A LOT over three comboboxes. Consider your clients, not your preference. PHP only may be a little tricky. I am sure you'd want the days for February to adjust correctly without refreshing the page.

Thank you for your opinion but no; 3 comboboxes will be what the audience of my page chooses.

If you use the default PHP date functions then you should be able to get it going. You can use setlocale to get other languages.

If you use the default PHP date functions then you should be able to get it going. You can use setlocale to get other languages.

Problem is that it wont check for Feburary 31th right?

You can use checkdate to see which days are valid.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.