I have designed a website for a client and now I need to place it into Dreamwaver. The issue I am having is I'm not quite sure how to slice the designed layout. Can someone please tell me the best way to set up divs to make this website work?

I have attached what the website looks like. The gray box is for content.index

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

If you want to center a main div, that is a good start. I would suggest that you give it a try. It is going to be unlikely for someone on this forum to produce the structure for you. You are free to start and if you run into issues, post the relevant code and question for assistance.

<style>
#wrapper {
width:1000px;
margin: 0 auto;
}

<div id="wrapper>
  <!-- content -->
</div>

No offense intended, but people get paid to turn images/PSDs into HTML. Like JorgeM said, I'd be surprised if anyone would just convert the image to HTML for you. You're far more likely to get help if you build it yourself, then ask for tips to tweak things here and there. Here's a breakdown of what you should be looking at structuring:

1. You need a container to make the overall box separate from the blue background
  2. You need an element to contain the logo
  3. You need an element to contain the navigation bar
  4. You need a container for the main content
  5. You need a containr/element for the footer text
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.