I have created a site using Cutesite Builder but there is no way I can find how to add a page where people can leave their comments (via me first of all I guess) like a Forum. Any help how to do so would be appreciated. Can anyone give me code or advice where to get it?
Thanks, Tez

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

Member Avatar for iamthwee

I have created a site using Cutesite Builder but there is no way I can find how to add a page where people can leave their comments (via me first of all I guess) like a Forum. Any help how to do so would be appreciated. Can anyone give me code or advice where to get it?
Thanks, Tez

You just need to tweak the existing code, perhaps add a little javascript snippet.

Perhaps something here

Go to www.phpbb.com and download the phpBB forum software. Unzip the downloaded file, and upload the contents to your Web server. Then pull up the installer page in your Web browser, and follow the install instructions. In very short time, you'll have a forum on your site.

Another option is to use SMF. Search for Simple Machines on Google, and you should find it.

If you don't really want a forum, but just want something to let people leave you comments, then all you really need is a guestbook or contact form. At a really basic level, you can just create a mailto link, so people can send you email. For something like a guestbook script, try www.hotscripts.com.

-Tony

You can also use vBulletin which I think is more secure and better than phpBB.
However, the drawback is that vBulletin is a paid script.

Also with phpBB you need to check that you host with support the phpBB pages. If not, may I reckonmend freebullietboards.com - they'll provide you with a board that you can maintain and you can link the free board to your site with a hyperlink.

Also with phpBB you need to check that you host with support the phpBB pages. If not, may I reckonmend freebullietboards.com - they'll provide you with a board that you can maintain and you can link the free board to your site with a hyperlink.

Can you also have a search on your web page linked to the page on freebulletinboards so that it searches your entire forum for questions already asked?

Can you also have a search on your web page linked to the page on freebulletinboards so that it searches your entire forum for questions already asked?

You may be able to do that "dirtily" with a form action, which loads on their site, or maybe within a frame on your site. It just depends if they would support that kind of thing, and if you had access to the URL to get it to work

try to contact vbulletin as most of the users are using their services but you have to pay them a price over yearly basis other wise phpbb will be the best choice.........

Wrist flex's will build your Forum (Forearm) get it get it lolololol I need sleep

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.