Hi,

I am trying to develop a website using adobe flash. So far so good. I am currently trying to embed google maps in my flash website and its a success. But, after i go the frame(page) to view the map..the embeded map is still there. It is on every frame(page) in my flash website. What do i do? please help.

Thank you in advance.

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

Are you removing the embed map when you exit the page? All of yours pages are in frames?

Anyway... why are u developing an website in flash?

Here's the situation :

i click on contact us page and it will load the contact page and the google map apear, then i click on home page and it will load the home page and the google map is still there, where as it is not suppose to be there..same goes to every page..

my boss ask me to develop a website in flash..lucky me because i never try it before..

Second problem found :

When i test the the website in html and load in browser, the google map embeded did not apear at all..please help..

appreciate your kind advise. thank you.

Wich Google Maps API are you using? ActionScript or JavaScript?

If you are using JS, try destroying before the page is closed with onbeforeunload event.

Another way is to call JS functions from within AS to destroy properly the map.

I'm assuming that only the map is still visible, because if the whole map page is visible, then you're missing something in your transitions.

i am using Google Maps Embed API, i think its actionScript..

Another way is to call JS functions from within AS to destroy properly the map.

what do you mean by that??

It's not clear for me yet... Is your map inside an HTML Page using JavaScript functions?

i only insert, this code to my html page :

<div id="swf-holder">
<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="lg.swf">
 <param name="movie" value="lg.swf">
 <param name="flashVars" value="key={hgjhghjgjhghjghjghjghjg}&sensor=true">
</object>
</div>

in my flash actionscript code :

stop();

maplink_btn.addEventListener(MouseEvent.CLICK, maplink_btn_ClickToGoToWebPage_8);

function maplink_btn_ClickToGoToWebPage_8(event:MouseEvent):void
{
    navigateToURL(new URLRequest("https://goo.gl/maps/yGyN5"), "_blank");
}

that's is just it..

I just realize something ;

-all my external link in flash can run/works..but in html cannot..it means thatwhen i click a button to go to www.google.com, cannot work..

what could cause this??did i publish wrong??can someone help em please??

Thank you.

Do you have this published somewhere for me to check it out? I'm having a hard time trying to figure it out.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.