Hi Y'all

I have put a flash movie in my banner box in a site I created in Dreamweaver using html. When the site comes up in the browser, if blocking is on, only an empty space where banner should be. I'd rather have the static banner image there in that instance rather than nothing at all, incase the users dont want to disable their block.

Any pointers please?

Best regards

Catherine

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

Member Avatar for GreenDay2001

uh, you mean that when blocker(pop up blocker?) is on no flash movie could be seen? What's the code you are using or the file.

uh, you mean that when blocker(pop up blocker?) is on no flash movie could be seen? What's the code you are using or the file.

Hi Vishesh

Yes I have 2 very small flash movies, one in the banner and one in a picture box which don't show until I click the pop up blocker off. Also I have a javascript drop down menu which also doesn't show unless I click of the pop up blocker.
Code for the banner movie is: [<object classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=7,0,19,0" width="600" height="95">
<param name="movie" value="banner animation.swf">
<param name="quality" value="high"><param name="LOOP" value="false">
<embed src="banner animation.swf" width="600" height="95" loop="false" quality="high" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer" type="application/x-shockwave-flash"></embed>
</object>]

Code for the javascript menu is: [ <tr>
<td><script type="text/javascript" src="jamDeluxeMenu.js"></script></td>
</tr>]
Best regards

Catherine

uh, also tell me which pop up blocker do you use and under which browser or platform its going on. I will see the code soon, i mean right now.

The pop up blocker is on my Internet Explorer browser.

His problem is that the flash object is not shown when pop up blocker is on, however alternate content will surely be useful for such cases. i couldn't see anthing wrong with his code....rest of that depends upon the the other thing in page and .js file.

Thank you Vishesh & Rahul. The article, Rahul, looks really interesting, I will need to re-read it & see if I can implement what is suggested.

Best regards - Catherine

The problem is not flash, but opening a new window to put it in.

hi , do u want to display some image if the flash movie is blocked..

Are u saying Sth Like "Alternate" whish we use in HTML and all

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.