Having problem with the following HTML code in IE7, everything works fine in IE6:
<option value='215001' label='250000,15,10,1'>This is a test</option>
In IE6 I see “This is a test” in the drop down list so that the user can make the selection but in IE7 I see '250000,15,10,1' in the drop down list instead of “This is a test”. I been trying to figure out why is this happening??? So if someone could please help me out with this...Appreciate yr time & effort…thanks!

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

you are using label attribute in option which will be preferred by IE 7, if you want to show “This is a test” so use this in label=” This is a test” or remove label attribute from tag

actually label attribute use in <optgroup>

label - Defines a label to use when using <optgroup>

<optgroup label="test">

<option value='215001'>This is a test</option>

or

<option value='215001' label='This is a test'></option>

more about this tag

http://www.w3schools.com/tags/tag_option.asp

you are using label attribute in option which will be preferred by IE 7, if you want to show “This is a test” so use this in label=” This is a test” or remove label attribute from tag

actually label attribute use in <optgroup>

label - Defines a label to use when using <optgroup>

<optgroup label="test">

<option value='215001'>This is a test</option>

or

<option value='215001' label='This is a test'></option>

more about this tag

http://www.w3schools.com/tags/tag_option.asp

Thanks for the info but is there anyway that I can let the label be there & make it work as it is in IE7 (<option value='215001' label='250000,15,10,1'>215001 |A.J. Longo & Associates</option>)...b/c the application uses label value, I guess...thanks...appreciate it!

change the application to use the "tag" property instead; it's a general usage property, and its use shouldn't have any side effects.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.