subject - suggest software to assist posting qts and seeing replies on this site. Body - Is there a way I can post a website related question to many good website help sites at 1 shot instead of logging in to each one individually and posting? similarly can i check the answers to all my questions on all these sites at a shot? someone should design a way to do this. i am sure lot of guys have the same problem. it takes a lot of time and strain and mouse clicks to log in to each site individually and post questions or read replies. possible design = simple window to type in question and 1 click to automatically post it to relevant sites (username and password can be fed in earlier). also the program can automatically check for replies to any question and show if any new replies are received with the headers. and with 1 click can directly view the reply. or someone should make a website that does this automatically. i had a similar problem with checking emails of various accounts till a friend showed me a program that works as above and totally solved my problem. i havent mentioned the name lest i be accused of promoting some software. that is not my purpose. thank you for your time and efforts in advance.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

I think this is a good idea... but, you have to remember that sites like this (other sites might be different) are like, community environments rather than on-demand services.

The biggest problems you'll hit are; convincing forum owners to allow automated registrations; making sure that lots of similar questions don't end up in the same forum(s) (it's less likely if people actually come in and look at the forums first), and making sure members of forums who are answering daily surges of 'how do i do this'/'why doesn't this work', 'tell me the answer to...' type questions don't end up feeling as if they're being treated like machines.

There are things like; newsgroups / usenet and mailing lists where you can just 'ask' questions and hope someone replies; but even with those, there seems to be a certain community aspect.

What you ask is, technically not difficult. In practice though, something like that would almost certainly be met with a certain.. political oposition so to speak.

This isn't meant personally, but in terms of your use of words: If you think that it takes alot of mouse strain to log in and post a question; don't log in, and don't ask it : because it undoubtably takes more strain for anyone answering your question to a good standard to do so; and chances are its not in their own interests to answer; or even read any question you may have. Google will give you a great long list of 'answers' to questions, in less time than it takes to wonder what the answer could be for yourself..

^_-

yes, mattevans, you do have a point there. thanks for your time.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.