Hey guys,
so yeah, having some problems with dreamweaver, if you can help that's great

anyhoo the problem:

basically i'm makign a website, and i'm using frames to differentiate the button links and the stuff i want the links to go to.

Basically as it stands , i've got the buttons to do some flashy rollover (the buttons change when u place the mouse over them)

The thing i want is to have the buttons change when the user is at the link of the page (active Link).

in other words, the button will change when the user clicks on that link.
The button should reset to it's original image when the user clicks on a different link.

I've googled like mad and all i'm getting is stuff to do with TEXT links (they are easy as hell to configure to do what i want) but nothing to do with image links.

I've even asked my lecturer and he says to make all teh buttons in flash, but that's just too tedious lol.

Is there a way to do this in dreamweaver?!

Thanks for any help

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Member Avatar for GreenDay2001

You need to use JavaScript. I think its your homework(since a teacher is involved) so I won't give direct code. Try yourself. Research on onmouseover and onmouseout. You could search Rollovers using javascript.

You need to use JavaScript. I think its your homework(since a teacher is involved) so I won't give direct code. Try yourself. Research on onmouseover and onmouseout. You could search Rollovers using javascript.

err i already have done the roll over part..

In javascript, write a function that changes the image of the button (capture it with id) and call the function in the onmouseover and onmouseout of text.

Yeeesh!

I hate rollover changes. I wish they had never added that capability. They make me hit my back button.

Use javascript.
The easiest way for us who do not use (or have time) to write the script, there are many button makers program. Usually there are 4 stages of button: roll out, roll over, down, roll over down.
I use fireworks. If you need the script & sample, I can send you one sample to your email address.

For starters, I wouldn't use frames or flashy buttons, but that is just me.

Why not use the flash button maker within Dreamweaver? That gives you the options for the up over and down states. Or is that what you have already done?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.