Hello everyone,

Can someone provide me any solution?

Roberto_25 commented: If you have an iPhone and you know how to use it and you can unlock the iPhone, you can upload the iCloud phone to the Mac and clean all the photos, o +0

You can delete duplicate files and photos using duplicate files fixer tool. But you can only remove 15 photos in trial version, after that you have to purchase it.

commented: If you have an iPhone and you know how to use it and you can unlock the iPhone, you can upload the iCloud phone to the Mac and clean all the photos, o +0

If you have an iPhone and you know how to use it and you can unlock iPhone, you can upload the iCloud phone to the Mac and clean all the photos, or use an auxiliary program to clean the photos but I do not recommend doing it because you can catch yourself a lot of viruses)

Open the Photos app.
Click File and select New Smart Album.
Set the filter criteria in the pop-up window, then choose a Smart Album Name.
Select the duplicate pictures, control-click on any of the selected imagesand click Delete.
Click Delete in the pop-up window to confirm.

Activate the Photos app.
In the File menu, choose New Smart Album.
In the pop-up window, choose the filter criteria before selecting a Smart Album Name.
Control-click on any of the chosen images, select the duplicate images, and then click Delete.
To confirm, click Delete in the pop-up window.

To remove duplicate photos on your Mac, you can either use specific software or do it manually. Manually deleting duplicates requires going through several folders to dig up image copies. macOS has built-in features like the Smart Albums and Smart Folders that offer a more efficient way to sort out the files.
You’re also welcome to explore how MacKeeper can help you speed up finding duplicate images and deleting them.

Just use duplicate file finder software that will help you to delete duplicate photos. You can also sort the images based on the name and date taken but it will take a lot of time.

Similar to your post in the hard drive thread, a generic recommendation is useless without getting into specific software. In this case I can recommend two. One is VisiPics which I find works well. The interface is straightforward and it allows you to select a similarity threshhold. While not as robust as perhaps an AI based tool (I don[t know of any yet) I find it does the trick. Another is SimilarImages. It's a little more complex but can be used where VisiPics falls short. Both have not been updated in several years.

There are many good recommendations in this thread but the long term solution here is to simply switch to Android. It's a more free platform and ecosystem where apps are available in the Google Play Store for almost everything. And if you want your own custom solution, you can even write your own apps and build installable APKs using Android Studio. It may not be as free as a Linux Desktop but it's surely the next best thing!

BTW I realize this was a question about Mac software but there's no reason the images can't be put on external media and scanned on a PC. I'm also working on a Python app that will do this but it is slow going now that spring is here and there is yard work to be done.

To delete duplicate photos on your Mac for free, you can use built-in tools like "Photos" or "Finder." In the "Photos" app, go to the "Photos" tab, select "All Photos," then click on "View" > "Show Duplicate Items" to identify and delete duplicates. Alternatively, in "Finder," navigate to your photo folders, use the search bar to search for duplicate file names or sizes, then manually delete them. You can also consider third-party apps like Duplicate Cleaner for iPhoto or Gemini 2 for more advanced duplicate photo management.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.