Hello,

I'm looking for tips on how to optimize my Windows 10 system for better performance. It's been running a bit slow lately, and I want to ensure it's operating at its best. Any suggestions on settings tweaks, software recommendations, or general advice would be greatly appreciated!

Run appwiz.cpl and look at all the installed items. You may have several pieces of bloatware such as browser extensions that you don't need.

Check for apps that start automnatically when WIndows starts. Sysinternals autoruns is excellent for identifying and disabling.

How much RAM do you have? Excessive swapping due to too little RAM can seriously slow performance. Also, if you have an SSD, too little RAM and excessive swapping will prematurely age your drive.

Run Malwarebytes antimalware to check for other crap.

If you want to speed up your windows then use a PC Optimizer Software like Advanced System Optimizer. If not, then using a driver updater software can help you a lot. It will update your device driver and improve the performance.

commented: Driver updater software is panned by everyone I trust. I find such to fail or corrupt PCs far too often. +0
commented: Ditto to rproffitt. Avoid optimizer programs like the plague. +0
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.