For people who used both and build websites with both, which one is better? Why?

Realistically your choice is going to be dominated by two factors, for most people making this decision.

Maintainability - Finding help to maintain an app written in the older of the two languages will become increasingly difficult over time.

Library Support - Which of the two languages has better library support for whatever it is that you're trying to do?

Best of luck!

I have found that the maintainability of an app has a lot more to do with the quality of the developer than the language choice, given that you are choosing a mainstream language.

I wholeheartedly agree with cored0mp when it comes to library support. As a PHP’er, it’s been a lifesaver for me knowing that anything I might need, and any popular API I might want to use, can find documentation and extensive support on. At least for everything I’ve tried to do over the past 20 years, I’m not so sure I could say the same for Python.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.