Whats up,

I am the total beginner to this programming stuff. And I am trying to jump in feet first but I am trying to jump into the right place. Wouldnt mind getting into developing software of my own and I am wondering what language is the one to use? Maybe that was a very dumb question and all would be fine but im sure their is a good difference between them.

Any help would be awesome and greatly appreciated

Thanks
VBM

What language you use depends on your preferences and the needs of your software. I'd say start with a general purpose language and specialize as you learn more about what you want to do. A good language to start with would be Python.

i think C or C++ its a good start.

I agree with Narue there, Python is a great place to start. Jx_man I think C or C++ have a steep learning curve (especially C++) so I am not sure I would recommend them as starting languages. Although they are both very valuable languages to have under ones belt!

Compare "learning to drive (any car)" with "choosing a Ferrari because it's red and fast".

The same applies to programming; Learn to program, then choose a language (or indeed several languages, depending on what problems you want to solve).

Thanks for the help. All responses are greatly appreciated, i feel that all of them put together give me a great place to begin and direction to go...

Thank you all very much,

If you have any other advice please feel free to let me know

Thanks Again
VBM

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.