My Internet Service Provider (ISP) is "BSNL India" and they don't give me option to reset password when i forget it.

Day before yesterday I changed it, and luckily clicked on the remember password option. Now I have no idea what is my new password. I can access internet by cannot login to my ISP site to keep record of my internet usage which is quite expensive for me.

So I want to know, is there a way to recover that password. Its not windows user password so I guess file might be different from what we call SAM (I came to know about it while I was searching for solution to my problem). But for sure its stored somewhere in my computer. Please help me recover it.

Many many thanks in advance.

If you could recover the password, it would not be much of a password, no?

You say you changed the password day before yesterday, how did you do that...just change it again.

also call isp,or most places where you put in a password have an option "forgot you password click here " and you email and they email the password it to you

Thanks guys, I got the password from ISP long time back...

Zeroth:
Last time I could change it, as I remember the old password (current password at that point of time..) u know how passwords are changed... right ?

Now if your point is good, that secure passwords should not be recoverable, but as I have heard, and started to believe, that windows itself is not that secure.... So there might be ways to recover passwords in windows.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.