hi am making project..i have entered the record in 8 columns of table using jdbc and 9th column is automatically icremented as primary..so after putting the record and executin query i want to check primary no which i get..i want to show it in text box..what can be the query...??
pls reply...

It depends on the database that you are using. Different databases have different ways of dealing with auto-incremented keys like that.

hi am making project..i have entered the record in 8 columns of table using jdbc and 9th column is automatically icremented as primary..so after putting the record and executin query i want to check primary no which i get..i want to show it in text box..what can be the query...??

Use the `getGeneratedKeys()` method of the statement object.

Just make sure that when executing the statement you pass in the "Statement.RETURN_GENERATED_KEYS" flag as the second parameter. Follow the instructions here and make sure that you have created a table which explicitly has a auto-incrementing column.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.