I have an MFC dialog app with several Text controls. All but controls get filled in with UpdateData at dialog initialization via calls like: DDX_Control(pDX, IDC_MY_STATIC, MyText ); . Next, the user checkmarks a checkbox and the ON_ function for the checkbox gets control, running several functions. One of those functions has a loop that invokes MyText.SetWindowText(somestring) followed by multiple sequential calls to CreateProcess each followed by a WaitForSingleProcess. MyText is a CStatic field attached to the control. Here is the problem: I get the output of the first and last SetWindowText calls, but nothing in between. The created processes take about 2 minutes to run, so there should be sufficient time to see the text in my dialog window.

The issue is one I've seen over and over on MFC and other apps. There are many priors so look at a few more to see if you can find one you feel applies. For my app I had to add a doevents() call to let Windows process the update.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.