We all know how R rated movies are being replaced...

http://www.usatoday.com/money/media/2003-03-05-family-in_x.htm

Of the top 20 films released in 2002, not one was rated R. 8 Mile, the Eminem movie, just missed at No. 21.

Yea well most those movies on that list are crapola in my opinion :D (I like #70 and #42)

http://www.usatoday.com/life/top-gross-table.htm

I hate to say this,but i prefer R rated movies,especially in Action movies...

PG-13 movies generally are too lame and dont have enough UUMMPP to so speak....

Kids today all know and use LANGUAGE (as we all know) so it doesnt do any good showing a PG-13 movie opposed to an R movie like they used to.....

Whadda all think?

Recommended Answers

All 11 Replies

On the contrary, I do think a lot of R rated films are rubbish. Some have excessive swearing or nude scenes just for the sake of being vulgar. No substance. And don't get me started about some of those slashers...utter rubbish.

I wonder how they did this year?

Many films contain sex scenes just to get the R rating and those scenes do nothing to enhance the movie. And as for the hack-and-slash movies -- they are sooo boring. I thought the first Freddy Krueger movie was funny but they got boring after awhile. And I hate the filthy mouths in many R rated movies -- their mother's should have washed their mouths out with soap!

G and PG-13 movies are my favorites. I also enjoy musicals such as Chicago

their mother's should have washed their mouths out with soap!

Huh...my mom did that to me once...

Mine did also :D (Didnt taste very good)

And I'll bet you didn't do it again in front of your mother.

Why would you wash your mouth with soap? With all those chemicals in there that could be dangerous.

My mother used to wash my hands with soap, I think that was much smarter.

I dunno... when I was a kid (R are like 18+, right), I used to like watching those films cause I thought it made me ... more ... cooler, or something. Then when I became old enough to watch them ... meh. They lost their appeal. Now I just watch movies if I think I'll enjoy them. Regardless of their rating.

I dunno... when I was a kid (R are like 18+, right), I used to like watching those films cause I thought it made me ... more ... cooler, or something. Then when I became old enough to watch them ... meh. They lost their appeal. Now I just watch movies if I think I'll enjoy them. Regardless of their rating.

Huh...that's exactly me. Sneekula, there's a difference between eat and swallow. You don't swallow you toothpaste or mouthwash either do you? :P Besides, I've actually seen people eat soap. Besides remaining blatant dumbasses, I haven't seen them affected in any way.

>> My mother used to wash my hands with soap, I think that was much smarter.
When you swore on front of her?

"Stop washing my hands, mom, I swear I'll never do it again"... just doesn't have the effect that the mouth would have, I reckon. Not that I've done either.

And I'll bet you didn't do it again in front of your mother.

Your right my friend :D

HAHA...i remember kids having their mouth washed with soap!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.