It's chucking it down here in the mighty UK:(

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

We've just equalled our record number of days in a row above the old 100 degrees F and the forecast says it will continue for at least the next seven days. It's supposed to be autumn here...

We've just equalled our record number of days in a row above the old 100 degrees F and the forecast says it will continue for at least the next seven days. It's supposed to be autumn here...

thanks, make me feel better:'( :D

its stormy here in the UK

Afternoon.

It's cleared up a little, a few sunny spells in Ipswich. But, apparently there's more mahem around the corner.

My wife and I took the dogs out first thing for there toilet as is customary. Our brolly lasted about three seconds! he he. It wouldn't surprise me if parts of it are still airborne.

Well what with the earthquake the other week (we are only about 30 miles from the epicentre) and the gales the other week and the storms now, our house has taken a battering.

Quake caused a window to fall out, would be in the living room of course.

Gales and storms have destroyed half of one of the longest fences we have here, which runs up along the drive and into the field at the back.

Oh, and despite being able to see a power station from the bottom of our field, we have the added insult of losing power every half an hour as well.

Nice...

yeah our fence and power is down too

i have a (charged) UPS + laptop battery which should give my laptop + cable modem (for some reason the cable networks are still runnning) a total running time of about 3 hours in event of total failure.

quite impressed with my UPS actually, my linux servers shut down (cleanly) when the ups told it the power was failing (via serial port) which was probably a good idea as ext2 doesnt like unclean shutdowms

FYI, parts of Ohio (USA) got 2 feet of snow and we are looking the upcoming tornado season right in the eye. Makes life interesting.

yay the power seems to be fixed now

my server went down though waaaaaaaaaaah :( :( :(

it had been up since oct 2000 running redhat (5?)

gonna "upgrade" it to redhat 9

its behind a proxy and firewall, and all it does is act as a backup server, so security isnt a hige issue.

Power grid failed twice in the past 3 days resulting in power failure for 12hrs and 10 hrs respectively. And its 32 degrees celsius here in Delhi :(

methinks my power is still iffy - the ups is dead and the pc is running off the mains but the power light is flickering!

either the mains is screwed or my PSU got broken

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.