Do you ever used "I am feeling lucky" button on Google homepage for any keyword/phrase.

I rarely used it...once in a blue moon light..what about you?

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

I use it regularly when I know the first hit is the page I want.

I use it regularly when I know the first hit is the page I want.

So you've got really good precognition skills? ;)

Apparently, somewhere around 1% of the searches use that button - for a yearly loss of $110 million yearly - no adverts come up. It is controversial (sorta) - there was even a limited edition `I'm feeling lucky' boxers

>So you've got really good precognition skills?
No, I simply make my own luck. For example, up until recently I could search for "hotmail" and the "I'm feeling lucky" button would take me right there. Now I need to use the "live mail" incantation for the same result. It's a matter of going somewhere often enough that you know the search string that guarantees #1 on the hit list.

I don't use that button for general searches because I'm interested in all of the options for a non-specific search, not a single result. In other words, the "I'm feeling lucky" button is my bookmark list when I know the right search string. ;)

I like it for some of the googlebombs such as "French military victories". It makes the search look legit and enhances the amusement factor IMO.

commented: hehe +12
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.