Nice to see that there is a variety of religions in the world. Now, if we could only get them to cooperate.. that's the real tricky part.

Actually, it's weird in my family. It seems like everyone, including myself is a Baptist, and my parents are Catholic. I went to a Catholic school when I was little just for the education and I was excused from some assignments because I was a Baptist.

Mom was a catholic... daddy was a baptist... brother is a jerk...let's all have a party.

Nice to see that there is a variety of religions in the world. Now, if we could only get them to cooperate.. that's the real tricky part.

Umm, I don't think they can get along. Each religion says its the only true one and the rest are all flawd. Like the Jews and Christians are different because The Jews don't think that Jesus was sent by God and Christians do. Thats is the beginning of endless conflicts between all the religions.

On anther note, from a book that my brother gave me to read has some interesting ideas. The book is Virus of the Mind by Richard Brodie. Has some interesting ideas but seems to agravate religous people. It says that religion is one big mind virus and each religion has been modified to better replicate itself. Interest book for those looking for something to do.

After thinking for a few years though I am starting to think there is no after life and that each religion is wrong.(Don't ask why, my mind works as if its crazy!!!!) HELP j/k

Oh that's even worse than the theory about Language being a parasite - it's just a flaw in the definition of such things. Religion may simply have been formed by primitives with no other way of explaining events and controlling people. Or it may have been devinely inspired, who knows?

Most modern Chrisitans, Jews, Muslims, or any other religious people get along fine. In fact, I believe that it doesn't matter which path you follow, they all lead to the same place (with the exception of those who use their paths as excuses for violence, etc).

with al the nasty stuff that goes on with popes and the like (buggerinng young boys and stuff). i asked how could a god let something like this happen. Iwas told that god lets satan have a pop at us (as we have freedom of choice as humans-apparently,try telling the labour party that) and what better way to destroy something than from with in. that got me thinking(it hurt) and popes,rverends,pastors are all men (traditionally) and as men we are weak to sex(beyonce ahhh) oh! where was...........oh yeah so if as men we are easily corruted then it kinda makes for satan to do this and turn people against christianity!!!!

Just remember:
Everyone is entitled to their own Stupid opinion.

Maybe, just maybe, it's too much freedom that screws everything up... what do all of you think?

with al the nasty stuff that goes on with popes and the like (buggerinng young boys and stuff). i asked how could a god let something like this happen.

This is a very common question. I have heard the answer from Rabbis and Pastors that due to our limited human capacity, we simply don't know. A good comparison is if you imagine yourself staring at a picture that's the size of a wall. If you stand right in front of the wall, you don't see the entire picture, just part of it, thus not able to make out what it is, nor appreciate it. Because we're only human, we only get this kind of view on life, which of course is limited. God, on the other hand, was the creator of the picture and is able to see the picture in its entirety. I think, as a Christian, you'll be able to understand once you reach heaven.

Some claim that God is punishing use for Ede's sins (ie: eating the apple). Others claim that we cannot appreciate heaven without first expierencing evil.

You want to experience evil and hell, come and work at a middle school for a week.

You want to experience evil and hell, come and work at a middle school for a week.

Try working for a demolition company. :cry:

Thank GAWD I don't do that anymore.

Demonic Company... well, I don't work for one of those, but the students can be hell sometimes. And I'm just the technie!
Don't get me wrong, I like kids as much as the next person, it is just that I am in a Middle school... the purgatory of all schools. I mean you have the elementry, which those kids are just comming into learning, then there is the intermediate, that is just where the kids now know that there is a school and don't like it. I am in the middle of all the hatered that is pointed towards school and all that is not good. Hisgh school is a different story. They are so close to the end it is not funny. So, yeah demonic kids... ugh

Try going through your last semester as a computer science major. 100% pure hell.

Same here. I remember my needs assessment class forst quarter.. easy. Then there was Employment needs... same frickin book, but harder.

Same here. I remember my needs assessment class forst quarter.. easy. Then there was Employment needs... same frickin book, but harder.

You have a CS degree?

My view on religion (i like that label better than theology....), is that there is no God, but an energy that surrounds us and is a part of us and everything else. The little subconscious things (stuffy air, confined space) that make you feel a certain way in a certain environment.... collectively those things produce the energy of your atmosphere you're in. And just as that energy exists for the atmosphere you're in, it also exists inside every individual. Some may call if farfetched, but if you pry open your third eye a little, it may make some sense.

God is a belief and Religion is a Faith.

Both are immune to rational thought and logical reasoning.

No offense to all you guys but I think people should really know their stuff about religion before commenting on it. I've heard so many people say, "oh there's no God" or "the Bible is all fake." To me it's pretty ignorant. That's like me saying "laws regarding relativity are nonsense and Einstein was full of it" without EVER taking at least 2 years of physics. Not enough people know about religion enough to comment on it.

You have a CS degree?

I have an associates degree in Computer Networking Sciences.. so.. yeah.

The whole religion thing:
Personally I think that people are going to think and believe what they are going to believe whether they have been fed what to believe all their lives or if they just want to break awayfrom the norm. Either way, religious beliefs will always be around as long as humans are and that will be for quite a while.

Like I said earlier, my mom is a catholic, daddy catholic (conformed from baptist) and I am a jedi (padawan). My parents do not like what I have chosen, saying that what I believe is wrong and that it is just a made up religion, and I just tell them that what they believe is wrong and yet they still argue. The truth is, that no matter what happens, everyone is entitled to their own stupid opinion and no one has to like it except the person that it came from.

I keep silent about what religion I take, believing in your own is good enough.
But who doesn't ask the question: "What are we doing here?"
Or "Who am I really?" It's the life questions that bothers us. So we make it up with religions and find our answers there.

That's how I think about it.

That is one way to look at it.

Religion is fun to talk about but most people get shy when it comes to this topic.

Not sure why. But that is what I see.

I think it's about what history has teached us. Many thought about "righteous" doings and killed millions. Some even killed a deity or two.
Most issues still exist today and that is still killing people, perhaps not where you live. But it is 1000 m. away.

And say you were this total stranger and you see a man walk by in strange clothing, wouldn't you say: "he looks weird" or "What's his religion?"

but how many people in the world will really go up to someone and ask 'what is your religion?'

I have had that happen to me once and it was funnier than hades. He asked me 'do I believe in god?' and I said that I was jedi and that I believe what I want, waved my hand infront of his face (trying the mid trick, didn't work) and walked away. He shouted (in the middle of a crowded place) YOU WILL BURN IN THE FIRES OF HELL! I turned back around and told him that I believe what I believe and that he should rethink what it is that he is saying and walked away once more. That time he left me alone.

I think that religion is something that the masses should not decide, but what every single person should find out for themselves. It should not be pushed on another person. If they want to be like you, then let them follow. If they want to stop you, gladly step to the side.

commented: your right! +16
Member Avatar for

Hey guys,
Did you watch the Passion of the Christ?
did you like it? why or why not?

Member Avatar for

i'm SDA. But i used to be Catholic.

I am a ninja

I had the chance to watch it with my friends but unfortuneately I had no time due to school. I heard it was great though from my friends. What makes it more interesting is that I can understand Arimaic(at least some of it). Me and my friends are all Coptic Orthodox(main group of christianity in Egypt) and so we all know how to speak in Arabic. And interestingly enough Arabic and Aremaic have similar origins so many of the words are the same. Too bad I didnt see it though. I will probably see it though once its on DVD.

Another interesting note is how the media said the movie would failed. Guess that didnt happen. That movie just made millions of dollars, most of which goes to Mel Gibson instead of movie makers because they thought it would be contraversial.

What does every1 else think about the movie?

Member Avatar for

I think that most people went to see it because they were curious about it. You know. I know i was. I didn't like it though. Some of the stuff, they put wasn't even in the bible. There was a monster in the movie, it was only there for a couple of seconds, but come on. It's the first time I see a movie about Jesus that's rated "R".

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.