A company from USA wants to hire me but hey asked me to choose a form of payment. They said I can choose between ikobo.com, PayPal and epassporte. Please post here some details and features of each one of them so that I can choose knowing the facts. Also, if you have experience with one of these companies, I would really appreciate it if you would share it with me. Thank you

PS: I have to mention that I live in Eastern Europe

Recommended Answers

All 23 Replies

Please read the following thread:

[thread]3229[/thread]

I think you should choose Ikobo. Because Ikobo will mail you a debit card named I-kard. You can use I-kard to withdraw money at any visa ATM machines. It is very convenient. I do not know epassportes. So I can not give you any suggestions regarding epassportes. As far as Paypal, we talked too much in http://www.daniweb.com/techtalkforums/showthread.php?t=3229.

choose IKOBO , that is better than paypal.

choose IKOBO , that is better than paypal.

Thank you but I have already signed up with iKobo :) I have some questions. What is IKobo's privacy policy and how does the Instant Payment Notification (IPN) work?

I think IPN only runs on merchant account. If customer make payment, Ikobo will email you notification regarding the payment.

I think IPN only runs on merchant account. If customer make payment, Ikobo will email you notification regarding the payment.

Nice. I will try it when I am going to be a merchant. I hope this wil lhappen pretty soon :D How do I change the currency of my Sending and Withdrawal Limits?

Alan25r
You just login Ikobo and click "raise my limits". Then you can change your limits.

Alan25r
You just login Ikobo and click "raise my limits". Then you can change your limits.

This has not been very helpful to me. Please be more specific. And after all, my question was about how to change the CURRENCY. Thanks. :rolleyes:

This has not been very helpful to me. Please be more specific. And after all, my question was about how to change the CURRENCY. Thanks.

Yeah, sure hasn't been helpful. Maybe this will help:All transactions are processed and held in USD. The initial exchange is made to USD by applying the daily Visa rate. The money is then held in USD until the withdrawal, at which point it is converted to the desired currency at the daily Visa exchange rate. You can go to www.xe.com for up to date exchange rates.

yes. What Carlson said is right.

Of course I am. I always do my homework when it comes to my money. If anyone else has any related questions feel free to post them. As you can see I'm doing my best to answer them, what can I say, I'm a nice person, I suppose it's a curse. ;)

Yeah, sure hasn't been helpful. Maybe this will help:All transactions are processed and held in USD. The initial exchange is made to USD by applying the daily Visa rate. The money is then held in USD until the withdrawal, at which point it is converted to the desired currency at the daily Visa exchange rate. You can go to www.xe.com for up to date exchange rates.

Thanks. I received a Money Request. How do I pay it? Is there any special procedure that I should follow ?

I have not met the situation that request money. So I want to know how to process it too.

Thanks. I received a Money Request. How do I pay it? Is there any special procedure that I should follow ?

A money request means that someone wants you to send them money. You are not forced to perform this transaction, really, you don't have to pay if you don't want to. However, if you would like to make this transfer you can by logging in to your ikobo account and adding the person as your recipient to then send the requested amount.

Great. It is what I need. The new module is developed so quick. It seemes that there are many guys work on it and many people begin to use Ikobo. Anyway it is a good thing for us existing ikobo user.

I'm glad to have helped you... I'm not sure whether there are many guys working on this, or just one really smart guy; the end result is what's important and that is that ikobo is catching on. Has anyone used this module so far? I think I'll give this a try myself.

Yes. I want to test it too. I have downloaded OSCommerce and Ikobo payment module. After I test it, I will let you know.:cool:

Carlson vbmenu_register("postmenu_55042", true); I have tested it. It runs well. I have not met any problems. I am satisfied with it.:cool:

OK, I see, thanks for letting me know. It's good to see that more and more people are using this with success. I do have a question however, how did you manage to transfer those extra variables with information about your every customer?

This issue is not a problem anymore. The new version of OSC ikobo module will have IPN and also prepopulated address fields features. :)

Do you guys know any e-stores which have Ikobo payment option. Although Ikobo is getting more and more popular, but I do not know any websites which adopt Ikobo. Can you guys share your knowledge with me?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.