Curious if anyone else thinks these would be a good idea? Been talking to some people and started questioning how it should be done.

- Teach Java over two semesters second semester specializing in more complex subjects and networking.

Something like this is as far as I've got, but curious if some more experienced programmers might have some arguments for or against.

- Teach Java over two semesters second semester specializing in more complex subjects and networking.

I'll vote a definite no to the "specializing in more complex subjects and networking" in a second semester high school class. You might consider it in an elite magnet school like Lowell High School in SF or the Bronx High School of Science in New York or something like that. But a regular high school? I think plain old Java would be more than ambitious enough. Networking is a junior/senior level college course.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.