I think the kids would starve...:)

Recommended Answers

All 15 Replies

That's a very myopic view of geekdom.

My kids would become mini-Bill Gates if that was the case of my wife being a geek.

All of my "girl-friends" (girls that are my friends) aren't very geeky, they are all cheerleaders with good grades... The most they know is how to send a text or how to type an essay or maybe update their statuses on the Social Medias...

My wife of 36 years is a total technophobe, she is scared that if she so much as touches a computer, she will do irrepairable damage, it's as much as she can do to send atext on a very basic mobile. And yet, she is intelligent and witty, and a good conversationalist. Just scared of computers!

My wife has the same problem Tony. She hardly can send an SMS with her cell phone and she wonders what can be so interesting about, what she calls "THAT THING!", that I'm always buzy with it. Instead of watching TV with her. Duh!

I get, "Go on that thing and see if my sister has written" or "What's the noise...... oh it's that thing" ......He He!

ehm ... what do you mean "too"? don't really consider myself to be a geek :)

don't really consider myself to be a geek :)

Says the person with 4307 posts... ;)

having an opinion, nor knowing the answer to certain questions makes me a geek. I'm waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to dumb to be an actual geek :P

Hmhm,
My fiance knows just enough about technology to "know" that she is right, but not enough to...be right. :D It can be annoying when I am trying to help her and she is convinced she's right and I end up having to deal with a bigger problem and a worked up woman.

At the same time, Iron Man 3 just came out in theaters and she is paying for me to see it with my buddies so she doesn't have to go see it. :P I'm definately a bigger geek than her, but I suppose it works out for me in the end.

Last note, I'm a proud geek, not a nerd. Geeks are cool and savy, nerds are nerdy. ;) Have a great day y'all.

• WolfShield

At the same time, Iron Man 3 just came out in theaters and she is paying for me to see it with my buddies so she doesn't have to go see it. :P I'm definately a bigger geek than her, but I suppose it works out for me in the end.

Well, she is missing out on an awesome movie.

In the last 2 or 3 years my wife has become more savvy on a computer but that's only because she doesn't have to wait for programs to run or webpages to load. She used to hate getting on the computer and she would always say something like: "I can't work with this f^&king thing because it's too slow". Now she can work her way around 70% of the Office aplications and she rarely calls me now when something weird happens. LoL, I still enjoy watching her when something doesn't go her way and she finally calls me in to help. That's when the sailor really comes out in her.

Well, she is missing out on an awesome movie.

Lol, very true! But at least now I have a few lines I can use on her that she won't know I didn't come up with. ;P

Lol, very true! But at least now I have a few lines I can use on her that she won't know I didn't come up with. ;P

Use the one where iron man tells his girlfriend that she will never be okay in a relationship with him (at the end of the movie, when they kill the real mandarin).

My ex was a geek - about as geeky as me (whatever that means) and she would always ask me to fix this or that like "why is my computer so slow","fix the router for me" but at work all her co-workers would come to her for geek help.

i would not marry a geek, cos human beings tend to have the affinity for someone opposite. But if i did i wouldnt mind.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.