It's not really that far. I live down South and travel to/from Liverpool every couple of weeks. Get an early train and its only 3 hours.

And an LFC fan? Bah! Everton all the way :) And I cant believe geek-talk bores your misses, my girlfriend keeps telling me how much it gets her going.... she couldn't possibly be telling lies, could she? :p

Yeah i guess ...hoho...

Thanks for uploading this, it gave me something to read on my lunch break.
case ipod nano

A year past, did this gathering ever happended ? I just join the community and would like to join. However, I live in Beijing, China and like to meet some of the members. If any of the member come to Beijng, please send me an email and I would be glad to meet up with you.

dont think it happened

Never happened, mea culpa, too busy, ran out of time, real world intervened, yada yada yada.

Maybe we can do better this year and make something happen around Xmas time? Which gives us a few months to organise things...

I think a representative of Daniweb (a high end moderator or something) should organise something,

I personally don't see why london would be most convenient, people are from all over the UK, and london is at the bottom!

Why can't we all meet in the middle of the UK, or middle of england at least.

I'm from Glasgow, i can imagine a few others are from scotland too.

I recommend somewhere in the middle of England (not so far down at the bottom).

We could have a BBQ/Lan party/meetup for everyone.

Possibly having somewhere that we can stay overnight, for example.

If someone has a nice spot of land, we can all just bring tents and camp out there.
And use the house for electricity if we decided to have a big LAN game, or have some fun anyway :)

Just throwing some ideas about to get more specific feedback from everyone.

Cheers.

As said representative of DaniWeb (does co-admin count as high up enough the tree) and a Middle England resident, I am not adverse to such a location.

A date that happened to be at the same time as something groovy happening at the Birmingham NEC might not be a bad idea, for example. I would have said Sheffield, but it's a bit damp still around these parts...

come to me or serunsons houses in surrey lol

My grown up late teen daughters both live in Worcester Park, which is Surrey (well, Greater London/Surrey, between Kingston and Sutton) funnily enough.

were on the edge of surrey, were nearly in hampshire

I think a representative of Daniweb (a high end moderator or something) should organise something,

I personally don't see why london would be most convenient, people are from all over the UK, and london is at the bottom!

Why can't we all meet in the middle of the UK, or middle of england at least.

I'm from Glasgow, i can imagine a few others are from scotland too.

I recommend somewhere in the middle of England (not so far down at the bottom).

We could have a BBQ/Lan party/meetup for everyone.

Possibly having somewhere that we can stay overnight, for example.

If someone has a nice spot of land, we can all just bring tents and camp out there.
And use the house for electricity if we decided to have a big LAN game, or have some fun anyway :)

Just throwing some ideas about to get more specific feedback from everyone.

Cheers.

London would be a wise choice due to the good rail links, I'm sure happygeek is high enough to be organising it mate; after all, he's pretty much Dani's (hairless :P) sidekick lol

Dazza :cool:

Thaks for that bennet...
Everyone round my place, that gunna be hard
Lakeside could do it don't you think?

Nearly into Hampshire solves the 'too far South' problem how, exactly? :)

we have good rail links?

Keep digging :)

lol

We have the Thames if that helps...

Also airports!
Heathrow, Gatwick, etc.

Anywhere is reachable by train these days.
Middle england sounds fair i think.
I'm not getting on london tubes anyway. :p
Damn iraqis.!

I'm not getting on london tubes anyway. :p
Damn iraqis.!

>_< Even in jest; don't blame iraqis for the actions of a handful of radical muslims who ( mostly ) don't even hail from iraq - that's a very `american government' thing to do.

- on the subject of this meet as it seems to be gathering a bit of interest; middle england would be ok for me; as said, trains go all over..

But, definitively; where is middle england?

And, what would be the plan-of-events? I would say some technical outing would be in order, given our collective interest; but then, as established in this thread last year; drinking is another common interest =P

Does anyone know of any interesting tech events around middle england? Without an event it'll be a load of people sitting in a room wondering what the point is... == not my idea of fun.

Some valid points we defo need a tech event.
I don't know of many, i'm not from england.
I guess there should be a vote or happygeek should just suggest somewhere; but yes we defo need a technical event to go to.

Drinking is an option, but not everyone is 18 possibly? i'm not sure i don't know everyone here only been here half a year or something,.

ill be 18 in febuary?

I be 18 in October this year :P
Bennet will be 18 next years February
Also why did u question mark ur own birthday?
You have no brain left do u...

I think he was suggesting if it mattered, he's wanting someone's opinion on it, therefore its a question..
That's my theory anyway

Back to the topic.
Can someone do some research for IT meetings in England? so we'll have something to do, then whoever wants to go for a drink afterwards, can (depending on their age ofcourse).

I wound suppose a place with some wild game we can visit a place like Masai Mara Game reserve in Nairobi and break from the busy schedule!!

You can then communicate with your friends/family over secure WI-FI connection!!

Whats your idea?

Well there is always gaming conventions (G3).
Or even just hire out a place, and we all just meet there. Could be cheaper.

Hi Guys, I just joined. Run a mens forum for gadgets and stuff....Live just outside London.

I'd be keen. My mate is a technerd as well.

I'll also bring along my iphone :)

not the iPhone 'hand to face' !

not the iPhone 'hand to face' !

Yeah! I had the first un-activated one in the Uk.

Should of seen the fun I had in the Apple Store in Kingstons Bental centre on the weekend. I handed it to one of the Genius' and before you knew it the whole store pretty much grinded to a halt.

Not much was sold in that hour or so....

:)

Well done for clogging it up! :D

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.