Hey there, Have you ever considered the idea of working at your computer while standing up? It might sound unusual, but it's a trend that's gaining popularity for some reasons!
I recently tried this new approach, and I must say, the results have been surprisingly positive. Not only does working standing up help to keep me more alert and focused, but it also gives me an extra boost of energy. Plus, it's a great way to break the monotony and avoid the pitfalls of prolonged sitting.
Have you ever considered working while standing? If you've tried it, I'd love to hear about your experience! And if you haven't, maybe it's worth giving it a shot to see how it impacts your productivity and overall well-being.

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

We have a computer desk with a crank for height adjustment. Had it for close to a decade.

Aside from standing desks, I’ve seen people sit on exercise balls (or balance balls) instead of chairs. Supposedly it achieves a similar effect.

When I had a bad lower back injury years ago I built a kneeling chair that was very comfortable for working. It looked very similar to this one except I built mine for under $10.

Please note I am in no way promoting/endorsing the product in the link.

Hi. Your experience resonates with what I've heard. The idea of standing while working intrigued me, and I was pleasantly surprised by the increased alertness and energy. I immediately bought a desk for this purpose. Not sitting down certainly adds momentum to the day. If you're thinking about giving it a try, I'd encourage you to do so - the potential benefits are worth exploring!

Good idea, I will try it

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.