We haven't had any really silly discussions going on here for some time so let me start one with these two items:

Is it just me, or does Lauren Boebert (at least in the outrage/rant photos) look like Margaret Hamilton in The Wizard of Oz?

and speaking of green things...

Is it just me, or is Jordan Peterson channeling Kermit The Frog? Listen to him with your eyes closed and then tell me I'm wrong. In my opinion at least, Kermit is far more worthwhile of my attention.

AndreRet commented: I lost you on "We haven't had any really silly discussions going on here for some time" but then a bit of Google brought it all back :) +0

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

The only name I recognize in your post is Kermit the Frog. It’s not easy being green.

Lauren Boebert is the outrage GOP rep from Colorado who seems to spend most her time making herself look like an idiot. She's one of the right-wing MAGAts and is firmly in the "Jewish space lasers" camp.

Jordan Peterson is a Canadian psychologist/professor pseudo-intellectual who made a name for himself by refusing to bow to political pressure to use woke pronouns. While he actually made some good points, his reputation these days seems to be based on saying nothing at all in the maximum number of words. He tries to sound intelligent by using words and phrases like

1. proximal
  2. distal
  3. metaphorical substrate

but it all boils down to meaningless psychobabble. He counters any criticism with "that's not what I meant". With the word salad he spouts it is hard to refute him.

Whereas a normal person might say, "I'm hungry, I think I'll go eat something", Peterson would say, "In the mysterious realm of human existence, the enigmatic yearning of the inner self sometimes beckons to a realm of cosmic hungers, where the ethereal dance of undefined desires may or may not lead individuals to partake in the enigmatic act of ingesting sustenance, or perhaps not, as the boundaries of appetite and nourishment blur in the intricate tapestry of existence."

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.