Look @ these car repair shops ripping ppl off (Caught on tape) who then try and deny things......

http://mfile.akamai.com/12924/wmv/vod.ibsys.com/2006/0503/9152183.200k.asx

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

that link crashed my computer. I had to turn the computer off,

It should have opened WMP (Do you have WMP set for .asx??)

Hmmmmmmm

unsurprising. Most repair shops (certainly the ones that aren't also dealerships) will try to rip you off.
"Finding" all kinds of stuff wrong with the car that urgently needs fixing (at of course inflated prices) when you come in for something cheap but time consuming is but the beginning of their modus operandi.
If there's mandatory checkups on cars like we have here, they can literally hold you hostage and demand you give them money for repairs which often aren't needed.
Shops have been known to take out perfectly good parts and replace them with broken ones, then call the owner saying that this and that is broken and needs replacement.
The original part is then put back in and the owner charged for a new one...
If you don't pay your car is marked as failing the check which means that by law it MUST be scrapped (which the shop of course will also do for you, at a price).

that link crashed my computer. I had to turn the computer off,

The link worked fine for me.

The link worked fine for me.

Same here. And I'm on a Mac! A thought: how much RAM and free HD space do you have in your computer? For videos to play over the internet properly, they're buffered either in the RAM or hard drive, and if the hard drive is getting full, the system will resort to the RAM, and if that's short, you can end up with a either Windows freezing, or worse, a kernel panic.

I wonder if he is using Firefox,i dunno why,but sometimes that browser doesnt "call your player" correctly resulting in all kinds of errors...

I'm using firefox beta 2. Works perfect.

Why do people automatically assume firefox is to blame when something goes wrong?
*edit* I'm probably going to get flamed for saying that.

Most of the time, the best job is done by yourself. I'm never going to Jiffy Lube.

yeah, it works normally !!!!!!!!!

works normal for me and im using firefox, but WMP opens .asx for me

Ok so FF is properly "calling" your WMP then :)

I dunno what happend with our friend there......

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.