Okay, so I'm relatively new at Daniweb. I was just wondering how people get more rep power, how they get more yellow stars under their name, and how they become moderators, staff writers, administers, etc.

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

> Rep power?
Other members click on the 'Add to Reputation' link next to posts that you make and comment on whether they like or dislike your post. Your reputation is then altered a little to a lot depending upon how much reputation-altering power the user has.

Yellow Stars?
You get one yellow star for each 1,000 posts you make.

Moderators and other Staff?
This is currently an invitation-only process. Moderators are members who have stood out in the community by demonstrating a solid knowledge and dedication to DaniWeb over time.

yeah, the more rep you have, the more you give. newbies with less than a certain amount of posts cant give rep (thats what the grey squares mean)

You can get a custom title by donating (hmm i feel a bit guilty about that actually, i use daniweb a lot but have never donated :()

Thanks. What do you mean when you say custom title?

>What do you mean when you say custom title?
Well, yours says "Junior Poster in Training", mine says "Posting Maven". It's all dependant on post count for regular members. Moderators and sponsors have the ability to change that to something custom.

What about getting administrator rights on daniweb?;)

Admins like Davey did it the old-fashioned way ... by climbing the ranks from moderator to super moderator to co-Admin.

ohhic :'(

Admins like Davey did it the old-fashioned way ... by climbing the ranks from moderator to super moderator to co-Admin.

So that's how you do it, hmmm....

<insert evil plot to take over DaniWeb>

< intends on stealing the plot since even I have the same ranks to climb > ;-)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.