I'm guessing the founder's name is Dani?

Recommended Answers

All 15 Replies

Good guess. :)

The site is called DaniWeb because I wanted to create the site as a hobby when I was in college, and I happened to have had the domain name daniweb.com that I used to use when I was 13 years old to post photos of my dogs, and I didn't feel like spending the ten bucks on a new domain name.

commented: It's good to be frugal! +0

Probably the first time I've ever been right when posting on this site. Lol

Probably the first time I've ever been right when posting on this site. Lol

Can probably also be the last time you would be wrong on this site

Can probably also be the last time you would be wrong on this site

Maybe some day when I get my site up and running they will be wondering why it's called coolbeanbob LOL

The site is called DaniWeb because I wanted to create the site as a hobby when I was in college, and I happened to have had the domain name daniweb.com that I used to use when I was 13 years old to post photos of my dogs, and I didn't feel like spending the ten bucks on a new domain name.

You already had your own personal domain when you were 13?? I was like playing Counter Strike when I got into that age O_O

Well, it's still very purple... :)

Member Avatar for beelymagee

The copy of the old site shows you were pretty talented and focused at 13 YO. No wonder Daniweb is what it is today - way to go!

-*-Bill

Thanks! :)

Member Avatar for diafol

Gaargh! I told you that purple was a brain-frier. But would you listen? No. iCarly on steroids. And it's insidiously infective. I bought a purple tie last month. Purple?!
I'll join the Praetorian guard next...

Haha. I love my purple. You can see I've loved it for half my life, at least :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.