The Forgot Password process sends an email with a link to click. The email purports that the link resets the password to one specified in the email. The link logs me in, and takes me to the User Settings page. I can enter a new password no problem. I put the password from the email in the current password box. Something appears to be broken here.

-Mike

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Sorry, I'm misunderstanding what you're saying. What you described is the expected behavior, no? What appears to be broken?

My apologies, I got distracted in the middle of writing this and I think I missed a couple key details. Hopefully this helps clarify things:

The Forgot Password process sends an email with a link to click. The email purports that the link resets the password to one specified in the email. The link logs me in, and takes me to the User Settings page. I can enter a new password no problem. I put the password from the email in the current password box. However when I submit the form it complains that the current password is incorrect. It's required so I can't leave it blank. At this point I'm not able to do a password reset, as I don't know the current password and the one in the email doesn't seem to be the current password either.

Thank you for clarifying. The one in the email should be the current password. I’m not sure why it doesn’t work for you. I’ll investigate a little bit later today.

Any luck tracking down the source of the desribed behavior?

Sorry, it's working for me just fine. The only thing I could suspect as the cause of the described behavior is a race condition. Is it possible you requested multiple password resets in a row and clicked on the wrong one? Or perhaps you were actually already logged into DaniWeb in a different browser tab somewhere?

That was welcome news. I just walked through the exact same steps as before and this time it worked for me too.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.