Firefox seems to work fine so what should I be looking for when Chrome and Opera show The End with a circle loading graphic that never ends?

Did I find The End of the latest posts? (Nah, it's something but I don't know what to check.)

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Did a little experimenting and found a fix/workaround. Still fails on a new instance of Chrome and Opera (control+N) but if I reload the page (F5, control+R) then The End shows for a split second and then new content shows.

Odd bug there.

That’s weird. I will look into it later this weekend. I think I might know what’s causing it.

Thanks Dani,

I don't consider this to be important at all. I report such things because you never know (well I don't) if this is linked to some other bug in hiding.

Thanks again.

I believe it has to do with the javascript library we use to do infinite scrolling. We’ve been using the same script for years, but I had recently changed the trigger distance threshold right before this bug was reported. So I think that’s the culprit.

As of right now I can still cause it to occur but creating a new tab. Go to latest and press the End keyboard button. The End shows with the spinner.
To work around, tap any of the reload (control+r, F5, etc) and then can press the End key and it works.

Must be some wierd edge case but such a minor thing if it can't be resolved.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.