I think this is more of a concern to Dani and I'm not writing this is a bug. Just interesting.
Here's what it looks like now:
image_2023-07-26_075408848.png

If DANIWEB is undergoing a rebrand like Twitter to X, I would used the greater than symbol.

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

Odd. Rebooted and now it showed:
image_2023-07-26_085004686.png
Pressed the refresh and it's back to the first image.

I haven’t changed anything in a very long time as I’m still dealing with my health. However, the less than icon (the first part of the DaniWeb logo) has been our favicon.ico graphic for as long as I can remember. I believe about 5-10 years ago it also served as the logo on mobile devices with very low resolutions.

What is Opera One? What is Dialpad? Is that an Android thing? I’m only an iPhone user.

Opera One is the latest version of Opera Browser,

It replaced Opera for Windows, macOS, and Linux recently.
"Speed dial section has a list of server pushed speed dials, starred web pages that you add by pressing the star symbol in the menu while browsing,"

As I use a few too many browsers for testing I mix up what the design elements are called from time to time. In this case Opera calls it Speed Dial. Opera is also on iOS just like Google has Chrome for iOS and Apple OS.

Remember I don't consider such things to be a bug. I report when I see changes even if they seem minor just in case it matters to TPTB.

Still shows the "smaller than <" symbol on my side using Chrome and Edge. Will check other browsers...

commented: That's new behavior to me. Opera used to show <DANIWEB> +0

It's possible it was a browser change that switched from using the site's designated logo to the site's favicon.

commented: Things change. Still my favorite line from developers is "I only changed one line." +0

Opera updated today and now the graphic is this:
image_2023-09-19_084007373.png

File under "New bugs for old.. New bugs for old."

No clue where that came from. Nothing on DaniWeb is even orange.

commented: It's just interesting to me. Not a big issue at all. All around us we see buggy apps. +0
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.