Could we implementa a keystroke for INLINECODE tags so we don't have to use the mouse? Something like Ctrl-K would work -- for KODE

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Member Avatar for iamthwee

Could we implementa a keystroke for INLINECODE tags so we don't have to use the mouse? Something like Ctrl-K would work -- for KODE

Try a third party program. Global key hooks or something. There must be plenty around.

Bleh... what you are saying Mr. Iamthwee makes no sense at all.

This is a suggestion for providing a new shortcut (like CTRL + B) specific to Daniweb and not a query on his part....After all this is community feedback :D

Dani, I was wondering if you had any thoughs on this request. I didn't want it to go away at least without a comment...

I looked into it but the vBulletin wysiwyg editor is just so convoluted and it would take actual hacking in a couple of places (as the inlinecode button is a custom button fetched from the database). Not so sure it is worth the extra mess to just hit a button instead.

It would be nice to implement the keystroke in the quick reply box - a place where there currently is no button to hit.

It would be nice to implement the keystroke in the quick reply box - a place where there currently is no button to hit.

I think it was brought up by someone some time back. ;)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.